We are strong believers in upholding commitments, so we did not let her quit. We bought her some nice running shoes, and supported her in every way we could. She continued to hate it for about two more weeks ... then she realized she was getting stronger and faster! She began to LOVE running! She is a running MACHINE! She participated in SEVEN meets, running the 1.5 mile race. (That's right, a mile and a half without stopping - something I still can't wrap my mind around!) Her average time is eleven minutes!
She is part of an incredible cross-country team of NINETY classmates! When the two Cheney busses arrive at events, the other athletes all gawk in amazement as a sea of green uniforms enter the field! NINETY is a lot of students for our little podunk town! In fact, ninety is a lot for any school in the area! Some of her meets were 70 miles away!
We are SO PROUD of her!
This was the only cross-country track meet I could attend. She was so excited to see me!
I am so lucky I caught it on video!
Look at all that green!
There she is!
This is her pin :)



1 comment:
We are SO PROUD of Dahza and her achievements!!! Way to go!!! Pretty good parents, too, BTW;D
Post a Comment