Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Yuck!

So, yesterday our little tent was stolen out of our backyard in the middle of the day. Yuck. But, the only way to see something like that is "they must have needed it more than I did", because, to be angry about it gets you nowhere. (Valuable insight from my hubby, plus we replaced the $30 tent right away)

Then, yesterday night, I got a call from my bank. Someone has been using my debit card number to order stuff on the internet. About $700 worth. Double-yuck. Luckily, I won't have to pay any of it. Chase is a pretty good bank afterall.

Still, I feel pretty yucky, about it. I like to trust people. I like to think everyone is doing their best to be good people. This is just making it a little difficult. But, if you know me, you know I do what I like - so, I'll continue to trust people and believe in them. There's just no other way to look at it :D

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree! It's always the loud obnoxous ones that get the most attention. The good is usually overlooked so I too think that the world is full of great people, even if the nasty minority are the ones most people notice.

Unknown said...

PS glad the bank sided with you! and that you were able to replace the tent! that's obnoxious for you!

Rogers said...

That sucks!!! I tend to think the best of people, and trust them, too. I think this kind of attitude is way better (and easier to live with) than to be jaded all the time :D

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you were victimized. However, I'm glad you had the help you needed to "get back onto your feet and dust yourself off".

P.S.
I agree that Chase is a great bank. I feel they are one of the few banks which still treat their customers well.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Don't you think it's weird this happened on the same day?

Have you considered this identity theif could be someone you know and may have allowed to enter your home? I hope I'm wrong.

F.Y.I. I've recently written a paper on this subject. One of the studies I came across during my research stated that Identity theives often get to know their victims before they collect more personal information about them.

You may want to contact your credit cards to insure they don't contain bogus charges as well.

I know I sound paranoid but, sometimes paranoia pays off.

Maggi said...

I am SO SORRY to learn you were "hit" -- TWICE! I agree with Eric's philosophy. It's much more soothing to your soul and healthier to think you were instrumental in "helping" someone less fortunate (even if your "generosity" was extracted from you) than to become bitter and cynical.

Glad your bank backed you up! Sounds like the time our bank account was hit with a bogus check that went through. Do you remember? (A $25 check was altered to say $1250). Our bank backed us up that time, too. Whew!

Glad you got a new tent! Wasn't that a great opportunity to get another?!